Unique in both range and approach, Philosophy Compass is an online-only journal publishing peer-reviewed survey articles of the most important research from and current thinking from across the entire discipline. In an age of hyper-specialization, Philosophy Compass provides an ideal starting point for the non-specialist, offering pointers for researchers, teachers and students alike, to help them find and interpret the best research in the field. Articles in Philosophy Compass are published under the following sections:
Read the Letter from the Editor
Aims and Scope
Philosophy Compass is an online-only journal publishing original, peer-reviewed survey articles of the most important research from across the entire discipline. Philosophy Compass fills a gap left by existing guides within the subject by focussing on what is happening right now in philosophy. Providing an ideal starting point for non-specialists, Philosophy Compass publishes well written pieces explaining important debates within all areas of the field. In an age of hyper-specialization, Philosophy Compassprovides pointers for researchers, teachers and students alike, which will help them to look for the best research, and to interpret what they find.
…supports your research with over 100 new articles per year, sourced from an international scholarly community. Gain an introduction to new fields, an overview of unfamiliar topics, and familiarity with the latest scholarship and debate.
…informs your teaching with lively original articles that are quickly and continuously replenished, and supplemented with teaching guides. Philosophy Compass will provide you with up-to-date bibliographies and expert analysis on key themes to inspire and engage your students.
Explore Philosophy Compass for:
- A new kind of core content: state-of-the-art surveys of current research discuss the major topics, issues, viewpoints, and controversies within each area of the discipline.
- Coverage of the entire field highlights connections across sub-disciplines of philosophical scholarship
- Reference-linked bibliographies for each article, providing the ideal entry point into specialist literature
- 100 articles per year: 3 times more than a standard journal
- Fast continuous publication: articles typically available 6-8 weeks after acceptance and as an online-only journal there are no issue restriction
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- British Humanities Index (ProQuest)
- Philosopher’s Index (Philosopher’s Information Center)
- POIESIS: Philosophy Online Serials (PDC)